4. August 2020
by Maximilian Ebner
For decades, car owners were used to selecting their cars based on chassis, brand, and price segment. They could choose a car from one of the multiple brands in the US, Japan, France, Italy, Germany, Korea, etc regardless of the fuel type.
Today, disruptors become the most valuable OEM in the world with just 3 product lines. Yet, incumbents still struggle to develop a product strategy that curates the portfolio for their target customer group.
When it becomes critical to focus investments in innovation around CASE, OEMs will need clear strategies for their product portfolio that addresses their customers dreams while not getting lost in the complexity of product development, production, and marketing & sales
The views reflected in this article are the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the global EY organization or its member firms.
There are EV buyers who want everybody else to appreciate they’ve bought an EV, so they want the EV to look different to regular cars. Secondly, there are people who want their EV to blend in, and the iX3 is the type of EV designed for them.
- Is COVID-19 the reason for increased private equity investment in software businesses?
- Curated model complexity
- Focused strategies to penetrate former fortresses
- Sustainability: Geschäftsmodell oder Risikovermeidung?
- The expectations on the "future of mobility" keep shifting
- Die Bauindustrie muss digitaler werden: Aber muss jeder gleich in die Blockchain?
- 700.000 Wohnungen genehmigt – aber nicht gebaut
- Digitale Insellösungen bringen die Bauindustrie nicht weiter
- 122 Aussteller auf der DigitalBAU - im Wald der Opportunitäten werden klar priorisierende Digitale Agenden immer wichtiger
- VR und AR kommen (endlich) - wie wird die Bauindustrie davon profitieren?
- Umweltfreundlichere und schöne Bauten durch "Digital"
- Uber loses London licence after TfL finds drivers faked identity
- Zeit und Kosten dürfen die Bauindustrie nicht hindern, digitaler zu werden - aber es braucht die richtige Ambition und Agenda
- Sharing, but smart - how shared motorscooters might be part of a future mobility solution